As children grow, they often go through periods of being fussy eaters, making it difficult to ensure that they are getting the nutrients they need for healthy growth and development. Blackmores Kids Multivitamins + Minerals contain 18 essential nutrients. It is a great tasting multivitamin with no artificial sweeteners.
- The B group vitamins play an essential role in the metabolic processes of all living cells by serving as coenzymes in the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins and fats to produce energy. Also, the normal function and maintenance of the body relies on the presence of the B group vitamins.
- Vitamin D. Adequate levels of vitamin D throughout life are important for building and maintaining healthy bone mass, and hence in maintaining bone density.
- Iodine is important for the normal functioning of the thyroid gland as it is an essential nutrient required for the synthesis of thyroid hormones. Thyroid hormones affect almost every cell in the body and regulate oxygen use, metabolic rate and cellular metabolism. Thyroid hormones are important for the normal development of the skeletal, muscular and nervous systems of children.
- Vitamin C is involved in hundreds of biological processes. Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body, and approximately 99% of the body’s calcium exists in the bones. The major function of calcium is building and maintaining bones and teeth.
- Magnesium is essential for many cellular functions, particularly those involved in energy production, and for the normal functioning of muscle and nerve tissue.
- Iron is a component of haemoglobin, which is an essential component of red blood cells. Haemoglobin transports oxygen in the body. Having optimal haemoglobin levels helps the cells of the body receive sufficient oxygen. Without adequate dietary iron levels the delivery of oxygen to the cells decreases and energy production may suffer.
- No added salt, yeast, gluten, wheat, milk derivatives, preservatives, artificial flavours or sweeteners.
Children 2-6 years – Chew (do not swallow whole). 1 tablet a day with a meal
Children 7-12 years – Chew (do not swallow whole). 2 tablet a day with a meal